02 April 2008

that kind of day

A direct quote from the last e-mail I sent from work today - a sort of plea directed at my boss:

Input? Ideas? A large object with which I can club myself over the head? I’d appreciate any of those things today.

Best,
Alexis


Yes, it’s been that kind of day. A want-to-club-myself-over-the-head-in-frustration kind of day.

It comes on the tails of yesterday, a day in which I woke up with a start after having a nightmare about work, rushed out the door in a frazzled state, and ran around like a crazy person until noon, and then finally took a deep breath. And saw myself in a mirror for the first time all day. And noted that I was wearing two different earrings. Not in the sense of, like, I am the infidel who has two piercings in one ear; more in the sense of, well, I had one earring in the left ear, and one quite different earring in the right.

That’s right, a so-frazzled-that-I-make-accidental-fashion-statements kind of day.

What kind of day are you having?

4 comments:

Crystal said...

That pretty much sums up the day I've been having too. Let's hope for a better one tomorrow!!

Amber said...

You crack me up and I can just hear your tone! Anyway, my day started at 1:30 am when Madison woke me up crying with an exploding diaper of diarrhea! Bath, change of clothes, new sheets, new blankets and Madi back to bed with a hurt bottom and me with a weak stomach. But at least McKenna didn't wake up!
Do you feel better about your day at all?
I hope that we both have better days tomorrow! Or at least night for me! Take care :)

Holly said...

Your stories always crack me up. I know you're stressed, but you have such a funny way of expressing it :-). Too funny about the earrings. Maybe you'll bring that trend back in fashion (didn't people wear two different earrings in the 80's?)

Melissa Scott said...

Did you really send that email?? I feel as if i have had that kind of "haven't taken a breath until noon" for the past couple of weeks! Luckily for me, i have only one earing hole in each ear- hope you have a fab day Lex, you deserve it.