10 April 2008

coulda woulda shoulda

If I were having a viewing party to celebrate the return of "The Office," I think it might include:

* Chili's take-out
* stapler jello
* warm soft pretzels
* lemoñadé
* Angela's double fudge brownies (or sugar plum fairy wands!)
* a jar of jelly beans from the reception desk

Each person in attendance would have to wear a label on his/her forehead with a different racial/ethnic group written on it, and we would all try to guess what our labels said based on the comments of our friends. Maybe sumo wrestling? Maybe a hot-dog-eating contest? Maybe yogurt lids for party favors? Maybe Schrute Bucks awarded to those with the best look-alike costumes? Talk about Funtivities.

As it is, I am at work until late tonight, screening/assessing hordes of preschoolers at my district's "Kindergarten Round-up." (They're not livestock, people. I think it's time to come up with a new event name.) I will probably get home just a few minutes before the much-anticipated episode airs, where I'll hunker down on the couch, watch and laugh with Shay, and then promptly fall asleep before the credits have finished rolling. I am tired today.

But maybe, just maybe, I can pick up a few bottles of lemoñadé on the way home.

12 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

I would totally come!

Min and Mary said...

Alexis, I found your blog by snooping around the blogs of other Hurricane alumni, and I have to say, you are a very entertaining blogger. I have no idea what you and Shay are up...it's been years since I've seen or talked to either of you, but I'll keep reading to catch up. Glad to find you!
Mary (Elva Wilson) Yang

Holly said...

Oh no, I am so sad you didn't have time to make your jello. I was telling my office about it because they're all obsessed with The Office.

PS. You should also include food from Bennihanas :-)

Amber said...

False, The Brown bear!
Anyway,
Sorry that you had to work late. We enjoyed The Office last night, but I think it wasn't the best episode. Many laughs though. Hope work went all right and that you got some rest too :)

Crystal said...

I want to come to your party too!

Tara said...

Sounds like fun. I hope that you made it home for The Office and had a good time watching with Shay.

Suspension Bridges said...

I would have to say that a party would not be complete without a George Foreman as well. Glad to see you are doing well. Your entries are hilarious. I miss your witty remarks in class.

Danika said...

Don't forget Kevin's m&m's! I'm so glad this show is back

Melissa said...

thanks for the little office tribute! gotta love that show. ok, ready for some randomness? in my dream last night I was in love with a guy that was shay's identical twin, but it wasn't really shay. it was this major love-at-first-sight saga that involved gutting trout. I told you. random.

Lisa Johnson said...

I totally would have come to your Office Party! I was a a dinner with my mother in law and sisters in law. Unfortunately I did not get to watch that episode, but my mom TiVo'd it for me though, I just haven't had a chance to watch it yet!

lex said...

I love the party ideas - thanks. You are all invited to my next Office get-together. There WILL be stapler jello.

Also, I have to say that the episode was a bit of a disappointment. Funny, but too much drama. Let's get back to the lighthearted funniness of everyday office drudgery.

Melis - that is just weird.

Brittany said...

Alexis,
I found your blog through Tara's. Good to see you're doing so well and so happy. My husband, Ryan and I too share a love for "The Office". We've seen every episode there is and I'm in love with Dwight Shrewt (you know what I mean.) This is Brittany Chamberlain Tilby in case you were wondering. I'd love to invite you to my blog, but I need your email address.