08 April 2008

celebrating



It's 2 a.m. and we are finally winding down with some soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. We loved watching Kansas win the national championship game in overtime tonight. I still can't believe they pulled it off, but I'm glad they did. We watched the game from Allen Fieldhouse and my ears are still ringing from the loudness of that place. We went downtown afterward with a group of friends and were pretty entertained by the craziness to be found on Mass street. People were packed into the street for blocks and blocks. A small number of them were even sober. Regardless... it was so fun to be caught up in the energy of something exciting tonight.

Those of us in this family who are students are not overly concerned about waking up tomorrow, since all KU classes have been cancelled in celebration of the win. Those of us who have real jobs, however, and were only pretending to be students for a day, still have to leave the house in about 5 hours. So, rock chalk Jayhawk. This non-student is signing off.

8 comments:

Holly said...

Congrats Jayhawks! I am so impressed that you stayed up so late. Although work is probably dragging today!

Amber said...

Happy win! I heard the game rocked! Hope you can survive today with less sleep!

Catlin said...

How fun! It was a good game - congrats on the win!

Crystal said...

So fun! You look great, BTW. Neil sent me to yoga last night so he could watch the game in peace :)

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of blue! Congratulations to Kansas and to you for staying up so late! I'm doing good if I make it to 11.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

That is so cool! What a fun way to watch the game and to be in Kansas so you can be part of these fun things!!! My husband is insanely jealous...what a great experience!

jen said...

cool beans dude.

Melissa Scott said...

I love being around non-sober individuals celebrating a win at 2 am! Congrats to you for doing that. Man, sometimes Matt and I feel so old, especially when we can barely stay up past midnight to watch a movie (okay actually that is only Matt).:)