15 April 2008

grow something wild and unruly

Springtime makes me a little bit crazy.

Exhibit A:
I am compelled to stop and swoon when I see these tiny, sweet terra cotta pots with the modest label "GROW KIT." Not only do I swoon, but I buy an armful of them before I even realize what's going on. They bear pictures of chives. Basil. Strawberries. And more. I have no idea what is in them. Could be just dirt for all I know. I have no idea what I will do with them if there turns out to be some kind of actual seed product inside. My track record with house plants is dismal and makes it pretty clear that I lack the necessary skills for fostering plant life.

But when the whole world seems to be burgeoning and blossoming and sprouting new life, how can you not want to grow something?

6 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Cute! I have to say, I would be tempted to purchase them as well, even though I have a very brown thumb! Good luck with your Grow Kits!

Crystal said...

I've totally purchased those also. I had good success with the paper whites. Do you remember them from elementary?

Tara said...

I know how you feel. This time of year, you really just want to plant things. Good luck with your kits. I hope that they work out.

Melissa said...

this time of year definitely makes me wanna touch the earth, break it in my hands....I think I should definitely sleep on a pillow of bluebonnets--they are my state's flower, after all.
oh, it sounds good to me.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jen said...

Oh I am dying to plant things but since we are out of here next week I can't. Maybe when we get to Florida. Did I tell you I was moving to Florida? I am. Congrats on your plants...first step plant, next step animal and then...the sky's the limit.