04 December 2007

apology accepted

-after a long and dreary cold spell, today turns out sunny and beautiful. in the afternoon it's warm enough to merit running the a.c. in my car, but instead i just bask in the warmness. literally t-shirt weather outside. it felt fabulous.
-tuesday is the day i see kids at community preschools. sometimes it's a hectic day, but today all kids on my schedule are perfectly behaved and so lovable and they melt my heart.
-a great cd that I've had on hold at the library comes in for me.
-dillons (local grocery store) moves the masses of poinsettias to the side this morning and in their place puts the most spectacular display of calla lily plants. they pretty much attack me at the door - there's one particular one that i cannot stop from jumping into my cart. they're so elegant.
-the sunset today? holy. cow. one of the coolest i've seen since we have lived in this town.

i suspect the world is trying to apologize for yesterday. it seems to be working.

2 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

I'm glad the world apologized to you today. You definitely deserved it! And what an apology! I love those little things that just make your day, I wish I could make more time to recognize them the way you do though!

Kim said...

Awesome reminder that those things are the good things that make up for the not so good ones. I took a picture of our sunset the other day too - it was the coolest! Like Lisa said, you made a great point that those are things we need to recognize and appreciate!