18 December 2007

the essential

It was subtle but I'm pretty sure my neighbor gave me the eyebrow when we passed each other and exchanged pleasantries this morning. Could it be because I looked silly dashing out to my car clutching my keys in one hand, and this

in the other hand? Perhaps.

I usually give makeup my best shot when I first move to a new place or start a new school year or begin a new job. First impressions, you know. Then, inevitably, my makeup routine will be pared down to something more realistic until at last it consists of whatever miracles can be worked with an eyelash curler in approximately 20 seconds. I love this piece of equipment. Only today, after being given the eyebrow, I realized it is probably a strange thing to hang on to when I generally do nothing else to make myself look put-together in the morning. My hair is probably in a ponytail and my shirt isn't ironed, but you'd better believe those eyelashes are going to be curled.

So let's hear it - when you don't have time for the whole get-pretty routine, what is it that you can't live without?

6 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

I swear, the guys I work with probably think I am insane because every time I read your blog, I inevitably laugh out loud!
Well, when I don't have time for the "whole get pretty thing" I have to have eyeliner, my eyelash curler and mascara. Otherwise, I don't look awake!

Robin said...

For sure, eyeliner and powder. Hate to be shiny.

Holly said...

To be honest, I have to do the whole she-bang before I go anywhere. I don't have any part of my routine I can leave out!

lex said...

I was even going to add a disclaimer that Holly need not comment because we know that if it came down to it, you would rather just be late! I don't believe I have ever seen you without mascara on. If only I were as put-together as you always are...

Amber said...

I would have to say under-eye concealer!! And if I have time, a little bronzer! Good question!!!

Shane & Danica said...

Lex, if only we could all be as naturally blessed as you.