20 June 2008

checking in

Since Shay started school on Monday, I've been left to my own devices for about 4 hours a day. It's an invigorating feeling to find my own way around all this newness. I've loved seeing some of the sights off the beaten path.

Still, I am hardly a city girl, and I am excited for a side trip to somewhere quiet. We are heading out to Bled Lake today. Let's all hope for good weather, shall we? Because I would really like to paddle a little rowboat out to this marvelous island today:

And hey. I haven't been very good at answering the questions you've asked, by comment and by e-mail. Well, don't you worry any longer, because I see a lot of spare time on the horizon next week. Look forward to a post where I will answer all your burning questions about Slovenia and about the meaning of life. Do you have more that you want to ask? Feel free to add them here.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

wow, it sounds like you are having a fantastic RELAXING time!! on my only venture to europe, we got to drive from venice to salzburg, austria right through the alps and austrian countryside... it may have been my favorite part of the whole trip!!