08 March 2008

the catchall post

Been awhile since I posted. Wondering what's going on? Not a lot. Here are the issues of the day as I see them:

1. Shay and I have been trading off being sick for a couple of weeks. Ick. I'm happy to announce that everyone in our house is now healthy. We're excited to air out the house today and clean all those germs away.

2. My lovely friend Heidi gets the gold star for being my first visitor from the home state. Heid, it was great to see you last weekend during your visit to the stunning midwest. Come again. Soon. And friends, silver and bronze stars are still available.

3. I like listening to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" on Saturdays. I haven't heard it in ages but it's pretty funny today.

4. Rachel Ray's 30-minute meals take me an hour sometimes. I know I'm not the fastest vegetable dicer in Kansas but it can't be just me... is it just me?

5. I'm all for appreciating each of the seasons in their time. But, enough with the snowing and the freezing. Enough already. I'm ready to start appreciating spring.

3 comments:

Melissa Scott said...

We have done the sick thing as well lately, good to hear you guys are both feeling better. I am finally seeing that light at the end of the tunnel i call WINTER. Today was beautiful.. Matt and i can't help but be outside to soak it all in. I am hoping to earn some stars someday!!!

Crystal said...

1. Happy to hear you guys are feeling better.

2. I want to visit you! I've been to several states in the Midwest, but I think we missed Kansas.

3. I tell myself all the time that I need to find the NPR station here so I can start listening to it...I just looked it up via the link you posted. I think I may actually follow thru this time :)

4. You're not alone.

5. I couldn't agree more.

jen said...

very funny. very. and very cool that you might get published. good for you.