12 March 2008

grand opening

The Wood Bed and Breakfast is officially open for business. We have parents coming to visit tomorrow, so we've been putting the finishing touches on the guest facilities this week. This mostly involved (1) vowing to not use the extra bed as a shelf any more, (2) clearing out three square feet of closet space in the extra bedroom just in case our guests, I don't know, bring clothes with them, (3) hanging a few pictures that have been waiting on the floor near their intended destination for a good two months now, and (4) filling the kitchen with several food items in addition to the fruit, cereal and milk that we generally subsist on.

We are stoked for the upcoming parents' visit, but I think it would be a pity to go to all that work just for one set of visitors. Thus, we are currently accepting reservations for April 2008 through, um, at least 2011. The accommodations are modest, but the breakfast is pretty much gourmet (if you're into Honey Bunches of Oats you'll be delighted), and you probably can't beat the prices. Plus, the company is stellar. See you soon?

5 comments:

Amber said...

Have so much fun with you guests. You accommodations sound lovely! I bet that you guys will have a blast- it's always nice when people come to visit and you don't have to travel (sometimes anyway). Well take care and have fun.

Lisa Johnson said...

I think I would like to make a reservation, for two, for early summer of 2010. Your accomodations sound lovely, the gormet breakfast sounds delicious, and the host and hostess seem delightful! Please mark our reservation at tentative seeing as I'm pretty sure I'll finally be able to leave the bank for a vacation by then, but you never know! Thanks for the invite!

lex said...

Leese! I've got your reservation penciled in. I hope you can get a break from the bank by then - it sounds like you've been working plenty hard enough to deserve one!!

Danika said...

Hey, I made my blog private. If you send me your email (tootsieroll1822@aol.com) I can add you as a reader. Thanks!

Melissa Scott said...

Ditto on the reservation list-add me to it (i just don't have a date yet). I also dig Honey bunches of Oats. For some reason that made me remember when we just to fake passing out after our "long nights of drinking" when we would smell eggs. Good times.