04 November 2007

rock chalk jayhawk

Everything about KU has been pretty easy to love - the stately old buildings, masses of trees and a lot of gorgeous open space, great sports teams, a very spirited and supportive community, lots of history, decent school colors. The only major obstacle to KU conversion that I have run into is their goofy mascot, the Jayhawk. This cartoonish, grinning, made-up bird seemed a bit cheesy at first. But now that Homecoming week has come and gone and I have partaken in many Jayhawk-centered festivities, even the goofy bird is growing on me. (Perhaps the turning point was when I realized, hey, I'm coming from a place where we all rallied around a giant blue cow. Shouldn't be too critical.)

These are mostly for Holly, because she wanted to see some KU sights, but here are some pictures of campus that we have taken this week. Enjoy!




6 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

It sure is a beautiful campus! The parts of Kansas I've seen were not that pretty! I have to say I really like the picture of Shay hugging the Jayhawk!

Holly said...

Yeah! I'm so glad I finally get to see bits of Kansas. It looks beautiful there! And, how can you not love such a happy bird? That picture of Shay is so great :-)

Karrissa Winward said...

It looks like a campus from a movie!

Kim said...

Wow that campus really is beautiful. I love college campus' with old buildings, they are the coolest. The building I loved most at Snow wasn't the newest one but the oldest one, they are just so OLD!

Nate and Sum said...

Hey Alexis! This is Summer. We need your address, so we can send your MSA picture.

Kati said...

Hi! This is Kati Hammond. I just found your blog. You guys look like you are having a great time. What a pretty campus.