31 October 2008

what? no sticker?

If I had known voting early would be so anticlimactic, I probably would have braved the long lines with everyone else on November 4th. But what's done is done. And I'm glad it's done. For one thing, this has been the longest presidential campaign known to man, and it is delightful to finally glimpse the light at the end of the tunnel. For two things, I'm excited about some of the choices on the ballot this year. And if you want a third thing, I'll say that it just plain feels good to vote. Even when you are denied your basic human right to wear an "I Voted" sticker as you exit the polling place.

You should vote too. But if by chance you are not excited by any of the choices presented to you during this election, I suggest you look into this guy's platform. He might make a good write-in candidate.

Because I'm pretty sure that surplus of donuts would eventually trickle down to the huddled masses.

(Edited to confirm: yes, this is an actual piece of wisdom penned by an actual 7-year-old, as seen this week at one of the schools where I work.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this kid for president! his innocence is so rare in politicians. hmmm.

Loni said...

agreed

jen said...

lex, way to be a good, responsible citizen.

Crystal said...

Haha! Can't wait for the trickle down.

Your posts are always make me smile.

Heidi said...

I TOTALLY CONCUR that early voters got jipped (sp?) with the sticker deal. That is one major perk of voting. That reminds me, I believe you and I voted for the first time together our freshman year. Special! One of my students asked me who I voted for today. When I told him I was keeping it a secret (mostly to encourage continued parental support) he said, "I'll tell you who to vote for: McCain. Obama only cares about the rich people!" There you have it. Wisdom of six year olds comes in spades. Then again, one also told me today I looked "funny with that new hair style." :)

Rachel said...

I voted early, and got a sticker....hum, I guess that's how they do things up here in Logan. The move went great but I am still adjusting to my new job. Working in a SNF is definitely different than acute care. As fas as book recommendations go, I added a few more today. As cliche as it is I really liked Oprah's new book club selection - the story of Edgar Sawtelle. Hope you guys are doing well. I am jealous of your world travels!