11 November 2008

in review

**We lived through a ladybug invasion and emerged victorious. And by "victorious" I mean that all our efforts to stop the invasion were totally futile, and then suddenly one day the bugs were just gone. I never thought of ladybugs as pesky until I spent an entire morning relocating armies of them, only to have Shay find this many (plus a few not pictured - casualties of the war, you know) in our bedroom window later. By all accounts, baffling.

**I convinced Shay to part his hair for Halloween. Coupled with his jacket ($2.25 at Goodwill) which had nice bulky shoulder pads in it? Irresistible.

**I had a bad cold for awhile. It lingered on and on last week, until I was essentially healed by Gilmore Girls. Yes, on Saturday I bundled up on the couch and watched four straight hours of Stars Hollow cheesiness. Then I napped. I woke up feeling significantly better than before. Everyone should be allowed their guilty pleasures. Mine, apparently, just happen to have medicinal powers.

**Holy beautiful Kansas! This fall I have really loved coming home to this neighborhood.

13 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh how I love Gilmore Girls! Glad you guys are doing great and those trees are gorgeous!

jen said...

I have nothing witty to say. But it made me happy to have an update from the Wood family.

TPlayer said...

Thank you for making me homesick. I left just barely too soon to see all the pretty colors in their full splendor!

beth said...

The Gilmore Girls always makes me feel better too! Tell me, have you watched all the seasons? Who is your favorite Rory boyfriend? Glad you are feeling better! Kansas is gorgeous!! Tell Shay hi!

Holly said...

I never knew lady bugs could be pests! Gross... Love the Halloween costume. It is soooo pretty where you're at!

Kim said...

We've been watching GG at our house every night for 2 years or better. My brother-in-law (yes, I said BROTHER-in-law) got us (rather reluctantly) started on it when he lived with us and we haven't quit the habit. We've seen them all at least 3 times but we can't stop. I was not surprised to hear they had healing powers for you! Glad to hear that all is now as it should be at your household.

Anonymous said...

yeah the ladybugs were freaking me out for the longest time. eeewww gross. i'm glad to hear that you're healed however. i had no idea that gilmore girls are a medical wonder.

Amber said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. What a beautiful fall picture of Kansas too!!

Natalie said...

Love the costumes...complete with shoulder pads! Don't you love fall??? I could stare at nature all day during this time!

Heidi said...

Those costumes are hillarious! Kansas looks beautiful in the fall.

Matt Anderson said...

Parted hair, corny suit, basically it reminds me of your missionary days!

Matt Anderson

PS Unfortunately for humanity I have spawned an infant which will make its way to earth on or around May 28th!

Min and Mary said...

People in my farming neighborhood pay good money for ladybug infestations--they keep down the whiteflies that vector diseases. Who knew Kansas was so beautiful? What are your long-term plans--staying in Kansas? Back to Hurricane? Eastern Europe?

Spitfire said...

Ok, it has been waaaay too long since we've all gotten the routine update on the Wood family. . . please, post again soon!