25 September 2008

etiquette

Dear friend at tennis class:

The etiquette advice we received on the first day of class is not meant to be all-inclusive. For instance, it did not include anything about ball management, and we all know how important ball management is to a smooth game. If you need things spelled out in detail, let us add a point #5 to this list.

5. Extra balls should be kept in a pocket or ball clip, in your hand, or against the fence. In other words, it is not okay to regularly keep an extra ball in the sweaty bosom of your tank top. Especially when the ball belongs to someone else. For one thing, it looks ridiculous. For another thing, yuck.

8 comments:

jen said...

yeah, yuck!

TPlayer said...

Ok seriously..I can't even tell you how much you make me laugh sometimes!

Lisa Johnson said...

Seriously? That's just wrong. Hope it wasn't your ball. If it was, let me know, I'll buy you a new can. I can't let you play with that one again. Ever. I declare that it should be burned, immediately.

Holly said...

Nice!

Amber said...

Not cool. So very not cool.

jen said...

still waiting, patiently, for tennis class videos.

Heidi said...

You crack me up! But, really, that is most unfortunate, as we used to say, and extremely gross. So, yeah, if I ever play public tennis, I'll try to remember where, and where not to, put my extra ball. :)

beth said...

tennis can be tricky, and let's be real...most people do not have any skills with etiquette anymore. it is a dying feature. i am in dire need of more witty blogs...what do you think about SNL?