17 August 2008

life rolls on

Hello, internet. It's been awhile. Let me tell you how it is to have my husband home after a month of separation. It's bliss. Also I will tell you what it's like to be working again after a summer off. It's a lot different than not working. Lastly, let me tell you about the sweet potato french fries and smoked chicken wings at Vermont Street Barbeque. They are delicious.

But enough with the chit chat. The real reason for this post is that Shay brought the camera home, which means I finally have proof that during my stay in Slovenia I did not only take pictures of European mullets. Of course, I also made an effort to capture man-capris wherever they were spotted. And a few other items of interest.

This video is long. If I had made it for you, I would have kept it short. Unfortunately, I made it for me, and I had a hard time parting with even the most inane and unflattering of clips. You can watch it if you want, or don't. But I'll probably watch it one more time just for kicks, because oh my goodness, it just makes me smile. Those were good times.

12 comments:

Kim said...

Turn around! Good one Shay.

What a cool experience, I'm totally jealous of you and your world travels!

jen said...

good times indeed.

Heidi said...

I can't lie, I watched the whole thing. And, again I can't lie, I am jealous. So fun! You can take me along next time, if you want. :)

Holly said...

Awww, seeing your pictures and video made me miss you guys! What a cool, cool country. You are going to have the best scrapbooks!

Amber said...

How fun! I too am jealous of your amazing travels! I did watch the whole thing, but I had to pause it and take a bathroom break half-way through :)(No joke) It was way cute! Glad that life is back to norm.

Spitfire said...

I too watched the whole thing. It felt like forever! Haha, just kidding. The scenery and towns were absolutely beautiful. I'm impressed that you have the patience to sit down and create things like that. I am having to make a slideshow video thing with music for a co-worker that is retiring (and why that's my job, I have no idea) and after trying to get all this crap together and looking good I have determined it would probably be funner to poke my eye out with a pencil. So maybe I'll just send the material to you and let you do it. . .

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that all is well, and that Shay didn't come back with a mullet.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

That was so fun to watch! I watched it twice! LOL! Everyplace looks so beautiful. I love the markets and streets and everything. Was there a race going on with the swimmers? Anyway, I laughed pretty hard at the "turn around" part and I loved all the pics of you guys! Thanks for sharing!

Robin said...

Man capris, ew.
Looks like an awesome trip!
Hmmm I wish I knew how to make a video of my photos like that.

Melissa said...

you know we all got sucked in to watching all 7 minutes and that we all thoroughly enjoyed traveling vicariously through you! I'm glad you're back together and enjoying sweet potato fries! I think I need some right now.

Natalie said...

What an incredible experience - I must admit I am a bit envious! Did you ever see my parents? I bet you are so happy to finally have your spouse around again - a month is a long time apart!!!

Anonymous said...

You weren't joking about the man capris. You got a lot of em. What a gorgeous country, and I love that first song. I must know who sings it and what it's called. On second thought, I'll just google the lyrics. Thanks. Oh, and your friend (Melissa?) Woodbury, does she have a little sister Natalie? If so she is in my ward.

And that is all.

Anonymous said...

Shay is so cute. I loved his little message to you. What a sweet sweet husband. Someday I hope to trust a man again and maybe he'll say something like that to me too. :)