26 July 2008

blogkeeping


There are a few housekeeping-type items that have come to mind lately. Allow me to bore you with them.

(1) I love that so many friends and friends-of-friends are blogging these days; however, I can't quite keep up with you. Don't feel slighted if I don't add your link to to my sidebar. If I know you and I like reading your blog, I keep track of you by adding you to my google reader account. (If you read blogs but you don't use google reader, you will thank yourself later if you just go there now and set up an account.) If you want me to link to your blog, I would be happy to. E-mail me at inthewoodland [at] gmail (dot) com.

(2) If we know each other, then I most likely will have no problemo with you linking to my blog from yours. Please don't link to us using our first and last names. Sorry if that cramps your sidebar style.

(3) Lastly, who are you, anyway? Yeah, you, lurking over there. Months ago I added a sitemeter to this blog out of curiosity, and I noted with some surprise that people besides my mom are reading this blog regularly. Many people will read a post in a day and only a few of them will comment. Also hits are coming regularly from places where I am pretty confident that I do not know a single living soul. Or a non-living soul, come to think of it. Which is fine, assuming you unknown people in the unknown places are not crazy stalkers of the concealed-weapon-toting variety. New readers are always welcome, but feel free to introduce yourselves. If you don't want to leave a comment, you can always e-mail me at the above-mentioned inthewoodland [at] gmail (dot) com.

Thanks and happy blogging!
The Management

4 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

I too love Google Reader- so worth the time to get it set up. I can change your link on our blog just to Woodland if you would like, is that better? I love to read your blog to see what you two are up to and because you are a very clever writer!

Heidi said...

I must say that I am one of the people who checks your blog regularly (have no fear, I am not of the variety that tote concealed weapons) but I am one who rarely comments, but I assume you know where I am coming from due to the sitemeter reference. Your blog really is so great, I love it! And, I have to tell you that there have been several random references to humuhumunukunukuapuaa in the very recent past that have made me laugh heartily! Good times. Oh and ps I need to call you back - sorry I missed you on your long ride home! And this is a ridiculous and exceedingly long comment - SORRY!

Lacey said...

Hey Alexis! This is Crystal's little sister Lacey. Crystal made a comment about a funny Twilight entry you posted. (I just finished the first book and was disappointed). Anyway, I didn't want you to wonder who the strange "Austin, Texas" blog-stalker was. Good to hear of your adventures!

Nicole said...

So, I am one of your blog stalkers. =) Actually, I really am but for good purpose (I hope). My husband, Alex, and your husband were friends in high school or growing up or something. Alex's mom saw your blog and convinced me that I should add it to mine so Alex could see what Shay (and a few other friends) were up to. So a periodic check-in from the Gubler family is just us. =)