23 October 2007

nostalgia

Shay and I got up early Sunday morning to watch a meteor shower before the sun came up. It made me think of the days with the roommates. Heidi's dad used to keep our apartment apprised of the important events of the time, such as the need to celebrate days like 03/03/03, and the best middle-of-the-night times to catch a certain meteor shower. During one such middle-of-the-night occasion, we were huddled in blankets on the steps in front of Pine View, hoping to witness something fabulous. And someone, we'll call her "Danica," asked famously, "How do astronomers know when there's going to be a meteor shower? I wonder if they just look up at the sky and think, hey, those ones look loose!" This bit of wisdom was of course recorded in the Apt. 2 coffee table quote book later.

I pulled the quote book out of the good old nostalgia box this week and I have loved leafing through it. I am shamelessly sentimental these days. Roommates! When are you coming to visit me?!

No comments: