23 August 2007

this one's for the fans

Woodland has a fan base. Sure, it consists of only three known members, two of which are Shay and I. But today someone who is not me and who is not Shay e-mailed me to inquire about the recent drought of informative posts on the blog. This is big. This is really big.

So, this post goes out to the fans. The fan, that is.

Unfortunately the things on my mind at this moment are not the sort of exciting things that good bloggers write for their fan(s). No, my mind is burdened with weightier issues, such as these:

What is with sugar cookies? Why is it that I can never seem to bake them for the perfect amount of time?

I haven’t been on my bike since we moved. I’ll bet it misses me. My new mode of transportation – yes, an actual motorized vehicle – requires less effort but is less fun.

Post-it notes are probably my favorite office supply item right now. Speaking of office supplies, when does the new season of The Office start? Definitely the only show on TV that might compel me to pay for basic cable. We’ll see.

Why do invaluable and valuable mean basically the same thing? It seems so wrong.

What did I ever do to the chain store deities that they would bring an IKEA to Utah at the same time that I was leaving the state?

I miss a lot of things about Logan, but one of the random things I miss lately is reading the weekly police blotter in the Statesman. It always made me chuckle.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Congratulations! You have just obtained a new fan, and she lives on the other side of the big ocean - now that's BIG.

You are born to be a blogger, Alexis! I now have three friends that are blogging and I, too, am getting inspired to start one... but we'll see...

I'm glad the move went fine. Hope you'll find yourselves at home in Kansas - it's a good thing you moved closer to us! Haha... and I am looking forward to your next vacation to Sweden - when do you think it will be?

C u later...