13 April 2009

happenings

One happy Easter weekend, the idea could strike you that it would be fun to dye Easter eggs using random foods and spices. I say, let the idea pass, and buy yourself a nice $.99 box of dye tablets. It was an interesting experiment, but mostly it was a pain in the butt. And in the end, all you'll have to show for your efforts are a few hard-cooked eggs covered with a clumpy film of spinach.

Instead you should invest your extra feelings of domesticity into making your own girl scout cookies. We made the thin mints, and mmmm. They were tasty.

(recipes here via Chelsea)

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

I LOVE the colors of your eggs, though. I've never gotten colors like that from a store-bought kit - I'll have to try it next year! - or whenever the fancy fits me.

Kim said...

Clumpy spinach film or no, those eggs are beautiful! And your thin mints don't look too shabby either.

Spitfire said...

How did you dye them with the food?? Yummy cookies, I want some.

Amber said...

I think the egg colors are really pretty- better than anything in the instant dye packs. You are like a little Martha Stewart!!

jen said...

Was the instant coffee just laying around? Cuz I'm gonna assume it cost more than the dye tablets!

They are very pretty nonetheless and I am drooling over your cookies.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

That's awesome! You are so creative. And I have to say those thin mint cookies look delicious. They are pretty much my favorite, so I may have to attempt them.

Min and Mary said...

Hello there. Were the cookies worth the trouble? They look delish. I just got a message from Jenn used-to-be Hanson that you want my email address. Here tis: mmyang@cableview.tv and if I can get yours I'll send you a blog invite. Mary

Breona said...

Hey my friend. YOu really are a Martha. Congrats on both challenges. I printed off the cookie recipe and I'm totally going to make them...soon. mmm
So How is your guitar class going.? I did get your message and I agree that our USU time together does seem like just a bit ago. remember going to a ROYCE concert with me? He still writes a lot and is working on a new sound. (plugged in and drums.) That was a good time. Hope all is well. BRE