28 January 2010

two lists

In 2009 I:

-took touristy pictures in Denver, Chicago, St. Louis, Oklahoma City, and a handful of other "new to me" cities

-soaked up the goodness of living in our quirky college town





-celebrated five years of marital awesomeness



-cooked a complete Thanksgiving dinner for the first time (it was stellar, thanks for asking)

-turned a year older and spent my birthday riding rollercoasters

-built up guitar calluses on my fingertips again

-remembered how much I like the place where I grew up


-drove 1000+ miles along old Route 66 and stopped for many a random attraction



-finally hosted one of those dress-up-to-all-get-out murder mystery dinners

-visited cool local sites I've been meaning to visit, like the Brown vs. Board of Education Museum

-read a whole lot of non-fiction

-spent midsummer eating lingonberries and picking wildflowers in Sweden




Holy sweetness. 2009 was fantastic. But wait. It gets better.


Coming up in 2010 I will:

-finish incubating a human life

-give birth (April-ish)

-parent an infant

-I figure any feat I accomplish beyond these will just be overachieving

-so it looks like I'm pretty much set

18 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Wow! Look at you go!
"I figure any feat I accomplish beyond these will just be overachieving" - I agree!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Wow, that's a lot you did in 2009, and wow, what a year 2010 will be. Congrats on the baby! Super exciting! So do you know what it is, or is it going to be a surprise?

Danny said...

Congrats on the baby! We're so happy for you!

Nate and Sum said...

Fun post! I want all the details about your murder mystery dinner. I would love to throw one.
Summer

Karrissa Winward said...

That was neat! You really have done some exciting things! Congratulations about the baby!!

Holly said...

Love the statue pic. Ha ha.

WHERE IS YOUR PREGO PIC???

jen said...

I either need to stop reading your blog or hire you to write about my life. Do you think you could make mine sound as exciting as yours?

Andrea said...

umm, i don't know if i knew you were pregnant or if that amazing news some how left my memory. congratulations! how exciting! your incubation period is coming to an end very soon! i love your blog and hope you continue it so i can learn about your super 2010!

Melissa said...

I also need a pregnant Alexis picture. I know you look adorable because, hey, it's you. :) 2009 treated you well, but 2010 will definitely bring you new adventures! hope you are feeling well.

Heidi said...

Whew! What a 2009! Mine doesn't seem near as exciting, but we can still be friends! YAY for babies in 2010! Can't wait to SEE and hear more about it! :)

Amber said...

2009 was very cool indeed! But I do think 2010 will beat it :)
Hope life is going well.

morgan and tina said...

yay for 2010! congrats!

Annie and Heidi said...

Thanks for the walk down memory lane with the very unfortunate fall into the window well...it brought a VERY good laugh!

I miss you too.

Maybe we should talk sometime.

SOON.

ATnell said...

A very exciting year for you indeed. I'm sure this one will be up there as well.

Breona said...

you my friend are hilarious!! I'm so excited for your incubating a baby situation..no no actually I take that back. I feel sorry for that and I am beyond thrilled for your parenting a baby situation.!!!!! yay

Tigger said...

Congrats on your incubation project. I hope your little squeaker comes out healthy! Parenthood/motherhood is my favorite thing in the world, hope your up for an adventure! Good luck in 2010! :)

Amber said...

I need to see some baby pictures please :) I mean, I think you guys are way cool, but I need to see some adorable pics all ready. Thanks :)

HHS Class Of 2000 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.